how to advertise
what are the
Did you know
that there are hundreds of ways to advertise
FREE or very inexpensively? It is necessary
to advertise any business in order to secure
a constant flow of new business. Most
people presume that advertising will cost
them hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
That is simply not the case. Below you will
find a few ideas to help you get rolling
that are either FREE or very inexpensive.
Be a guest speaker at
an event or meeting
* Have a "happening" -- contests, parties or
picnics for your customers.
* Give product or service donations to a
* Give free talks to community groups.
* Run booths at local fairs, festivals, and
* Attend local business groups' meetings and
business card exchanges.
* Patronize other home-based and small
businesses. Participate in cooperative
advertising for special newspaper business
* Post your business's fliers, cards and
brochures on community bulletin boards.
* Offer your
local school or church a free workshop in
exchange for some advertising or promotion.
* Give away free samples or advertising
specialty items (magnets, mugs, etc.).
* Offer discount coupons in fliers
* Offer free evaluations or consultations.
the free online News Releases. There are
* There are online News Papers that you can
advertise in free.
* Donate a little time and start a local
fundraiser for a worthy cause. Contact your
local news for free promotion regarding the
fund raiser and at the same time let them
know what your business is.
* Write how-to articles for industry
* Do free workshops and ask for media
* Place classified ads in free shopper
Always use a
business signature on your emails and
include your website address.
use a car sign
* Design a logo and slogan that will become
identifiable with your business's name.
Display them on all your business cards and
promotional materials as well, lawn or
sidewalk signs, T-shirts, fliers and so on.
Use refrigerator magnets as hand outs and
* Design business cards that stand out. Hand
them out to everyone you meet. Ask relatives
and friends to do the same. Leave them on
the table in restaurants, bathrooms,
shopping carts, and every where you go. Ask
businesses if you can leave a stack of cards
on their counter. Always include a card in
the envelope of ever bill you pay.
Do a workshop for the
local mops group or an organization
* Give free demonstrations at trade shows
and community or store events.
* Teach courses at local schools or
* Conduct workshops at business conferences
It costs less to keep a customer than to get
a new one, and word-of-mouth advertising is
one of the best advertising avenues.
* Send thank-you, birthday and seasonal
* Offer special sales for loyal customers.
* Handle customer complaints quickly and to
* Always do a little extra for your
* Be professional and respectful to all
and you will come up with more ideas than
you can ever implement. Always aim your
promotions where they will reach your target
customers. Ask yourself you needs your
service or product. Those are the people
you need to get in front of. Always
evaluate each promotion's responses and
repeat those that bring the most business.
Remember, customer satisfaction is the best
(and lowest-cost) advertising avenue of all.
Put customers first and your product or
service will practically sell itself.
FOR CUSTOMERS FOR REFERRALS!
lifelong student. The more you learn, the
more you earn and more self confidence you
- Brian Tracy